ROB SMITH – MASSAGE THERAPIST – TEAMSHED
Hello! My name is Rob Smith and I am one of the massage therapists at the TRAINING SHED in Stratford Upon Avon. I thought I would give you a brief summary of my role in maintaining your health and function when training and supporting your recovery if you were to suffer injury.
Injuries can be an extremely frustrating time. Our aim is to help restore and maintain the health of your muscle and connective tissue, reduce tension and pain and accelerate your return to function in conjunction with a carefully organised rehab plan. I work closely with the Personal Trainers at the SHED, providing a truly integrated reconditioning package that will not be found anywhere else.
The Physical Benefits of Massage
There are many physical and also psychological benefits of massage therapy reported in the scientific literature but also anecdotally reported by its many supporters.
From a physical perspective massage therapy benefits include:
- Increase in venous return – reducing swelling and aiding drainage of the by-products of exercise
- Restoration of appropriate muscle tone, sensitivity and therefore range of motion, which is very often lost when exercising intently or following injury
- Decrease in soreness experienced with exercise – helping you to recover and repeat training efforts more rapidly and with better performance
From a psychological perspective studies have also demonstrated massage to:
- Reduce cortisol (stress) levels
- Improve mood / sense of well-being
What to Expect
On your first visit your Massage Therapist will take a thorough history of your symptoms to ensure that your issue is appropriate for massage therapy and doesn’t need additional medical input or assessment. From here we will discuss in detail a plan for management and finish your first session with your initial treatment.
If you would like to explore massage further please grab me for a chat anytime or book in and start seeing the benefits today.
Rob is available for appointments;
Tuesday: 4:00 – 8:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00 – 11:00am
Thursday: 4:00 – 8:00pm
Friday: 8:00 – 11:00am
Sports Massage Options:
To book please call 01789 262095 and one of our helpful TEAM will answer any questions you may have.